Began as a passion side project to centralize BC's COVID-19 Public Exposure Information under one website. The project grew to include Community Exposure, Facilities Outbreak, Flight Exposure, and School Exposure.
The vision of the website is to
- be the go-to and trusted source of COVID-19 exposure information for the public
- be an archive of COVID-19 exposure/outbreak event data with the ability to provide a "point-of-time" snapshot
- present trends and analytics with the exposure data for the public
- allow other web applications to access the data via data formats like JSON
- allow for submission of exposure events that might not have been reported by Public Health
Data is manually added to the website based on credible sources from various news media outlets.
COVID-19 Public Exposures - BC's official source from Public Health, for public exposure
BC School Covid Tracker - Crowd-sourced information by parents regarding COVID-19 exposure/outbreak in schools - https://www.facebook.com/BCSchoolCovidTracker/
Corporations that publishes COVID-19 cases
- 12/10/2020 - 1.03 Exposures by Geography section, Map and List
- 11/14/2020 - 1.02 Filter by Cities page removed, added city filter to Map, Community Exposure, School Exposure and Facilities Outbreak
- 11/10/2020 - 1.01 Filter by Cities page added
- 11/01/2020 - 1.0.0 Website launch as bc-covid19.ca